DESIGN  |  ILLUSTRATION  |  ANIMATION  |  WRITING  |  FILMMAKING  |  MUSIC  |  GAMES

Ace Frehley and Peter Criss Crayon Drawings


I did these two crayon sketches for my great nephew Julian, age six, who asks (or sometimes demands) that I draw for him every time I see him. I'm a Kiss fan, he doesn't even know who they are, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. A drawing is a drawing when you're six.

I rarely have the opportunity to sketch with a pencil first when I'm drawing for Julian, and I don't usually do well drawing in pen, marker or crayon without some kind of guide, but I was happy with the way these came out - probably because the faces of the four original members of Kiss are burned into my brain so I didn't actually have to think too much. I guess that's why I wound up stealing these back from Julian. Don't tell.

These were draw with a dark colored crayon, but when I scanned them I altered the colors to Ace and Peter's "theme colors". Yes, members of Kiss have theme colors. That's one of the many things that makes them cool.

Gene and Paul, you're next. Well, maybe just Paul - Gene would probably sue me for drawing his likeness without his permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment